- Perfect activity for families, groups or parties – find out more
- Open every day (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year’s Day)
- 1 hour 30 minute slots available from 9.30am to 2.45pm (please be aware that the we open at 10am on Sundays and the final 1.45pm slot on Sundays lasts 1 hour)
- Price depends on the piece you choose plus £2.95 studio fee
- Your piece will be glazed and fired and will be ready in about two weeks
- please check our opening times for occassional dates when the studio may not be open
- Postage costs (£5) or you can collect from the studio
- Baby hand and feet printing – see below for details
- BOOK ONLINE by clicking button below – if the date you are interested in is “greyed-out” this means that date is fully booked so please select an alternative.
VISIT OUR DECORATING STUDIO
Choose a classic piece of our pottery and with a little expert help, you can create a masterpiece to be proud of.
A perfect activity for all the family.
BOOK A DECORATING STUDIO SESSION
PARTIES IN THE DECORATING STUDIO
- Children’s parties £20 per child (minimum of 6 children, max 20) includes decorating a choice of French bowl, cereal bowl, 10.5” plate or a 1/2 pint mug, delicious party platter tea, lovely invitations and special birthday throne!
- Adults celebrations cost £25 person (up to 20 people) and include decorating any item up to value of £15, (or choose another item and pay the difference) plus a delicious Afternoon Tea in our cosy café.
- 11:15am Decorating followed by Party Lunch/Afternoon Tea at 12:30
- 1pm Decorating followed by Party Lunch Afternoon Tea at 2:30
- 10:15am Decorating followed by Party Lunch/Afternoon Tea at 12:00pm
- 12:00pm Decorating followed by Party Lunch/Afternoon Tea at 1:30pm
Get in touch via email@example.com or call 01782 201328 for more details. A 50% deposit is payable on booking .
Baby and Toddler Hand and Prints
- A special way to create a perfect memento. Available Monday to Friday at 9.30am, our team will help you to personalise your child’s hand and/or foot prints onto a piece of pottery
- Cost £20 and includes:
- 10 1/2″ plate
- personalised details e.g. name, date of birth etc
- email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01782 201328 to book
- ask about our Baby Prints Experience Gift Voucher, the perfect christening, baby shower or first birthday gift.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – DECORATING
Choose a classic, un-fired, Emma Bridgewater pottery shape and use your creativity to design any pattern or picture you like. Our friendly studio team will help to guide you step-by-step through the process, using a huge variety of ready cut sponges and paintbrushes and water based paints to make your own unique designs or wording.
Prices start from £7 with a 1/2 pint mug costing £15. A studio fee of £2.95 per person is payable in addition to the pottery to cover glazing, firing etc.
We can arrange for your piece to be delivered to you at a cost of £5 per parcel. Our team can advise on costs for overseas delivery.
Decorating sessions last 1 hour and 30 minutes and can be booked online here.
When you have finished decorating, your pieces/s will be dipped in glaze and then fired. This takes approximately two weeks.
The finished piece/s can either be posted to you (£5 per piece) or you can collect them from the decorating studio after two weeks for no charge.
Sponge decorating pottery is a fun, creative and engaging activity for all ages, especially children. Younger children may need help and support from those accompanying them.
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times at Emma Bridgewater (please ensure at least one adult per four children).